This Policy (together with our website Materials Licence Terms and Conditions, and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which we, Soundclub LTD, company number 12672586, with a registered address of 71-75 Shelton Street, London, Greater London, United Kingdom, WC2H 9JQ and email address firstname.lastname@example.org, will process any personal data we collect from you, or which you provide to us, in the course of using our site (www.soundclub.com). For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (“DPA’18”) we are the data controller.
When you use our site, there are a number of ways in which you provide personal information and other data to us. By using this site, we will be collecting and processing this data on the terms and for the reasons which are explained below.
The personal data of users is processed under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and DPA’18 on the lawful basis of a legitimate business interest.
The collection of personal data is necessary to facilitate the personalisation of content within our services including the content viewed in the Soundclub Mag (our magazine) as well as Soundclub and Soundclub Pro.
Information we may collect about you:
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- IP Address
- Device Type
- Device OS
- Device ID
- Browser Name
- Browser Version
- Browser Fingerprint
- Referrer URL
- Website Visited before entering the webpage/app
- Visited Website
- Information we collect when you interact with our content on the Site or on third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites. This may include information such as “Likes” and profile information gathered from social networking sites or interactions with our content.
How we use your information
To enhance your user experience or help improve and measure our effectiveness, we may embed code from third party sites. Examples of such parties may include Facebook, Twitter, Google, and others. These third parties may collect information about you including IP addresses through cookies in ways Soundclub does not control.
- To provide you with the services you have requested.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most optimised and effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To diagnose or fix technology problems.
- To control unauthorised use or abuse of the site and our products and services, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any interaction entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To deliver support and respond to your enquiries.
- To administer our site including data analysis, testing, traffic monitoring, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- Soundclub may provide general statistical information to third parties but such information will not allow anyone to be personally identified.
- To send you our newsletters from time to time.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request form us or that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
If you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please tick any relevant box when you submit your data or unsubscribe from any marketing communication using the unsubscribe function in the footer of the email. You can also contact us directly by emailing email@example.com.
How your data may be disclosed
Third parties in which your personally identifiable information may be disclosed to include, but are not limited to:
- Shopify – https://soundclub-store.myshopify.com/ – https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- Google Ads Platform – https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-GB.
- Reddit – https://www.redditinc.com/policies/privacy-policy.
- Instagram – https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875.
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/en/privacy.
- YouTube – https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.
- Vimeo – https://vimeo.com/privacy.
- Soundcloud – https://soundcloud.com/pages/privacy.
- Snapchat – https://www.snap.com/en-US/privacy/privacy-policy.
- TikTok – https://www.tiktok.com/legal/privacy-policy?lang=en.
- Spotify – https://www.spotify.com/us/legal/privacy-policy/.
- Pinterest – https://policy.pinterest.com/en-gb/privacy-policy.
- Telegram – https://telegram.org/privacy.
- Amazon Web Services – https://aws.amazon.com/privacy/.
In order to learn how each of these third parties process your personal data please follow the relevant links above.
All information you provide to us will be stored predominately on our UK based secure servers, with our backup servers based in the US. These are encrypted using AES encryption, with the encryption level of 256 bit.
We take your privacy seriously, and will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, but please beware that any data which you send to our site is sent at your own risk.
No method of transmission over the internet, method of electronic storage or other security methods are one hundred percent secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means such as firewalls, password protected databases with limited physical and electronic access, and encryption to protect your personally identifiable information against unauthorised use, disclosure or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The basis upon which we process personal data is for a legitimate business interest in order to provide products and services to our customers.
We operate the following data retention periods:
- Articles – 10 years.
- User data – 2 years from the date of our last interaction with a user.
- User activity data (including on the Soundclub application, Soundclub pro and regarding our magazine, Soundclub Mag) – 5 years.
- Store transaction data – 2 years.
- General application data – 1 year.
At the end of the above data retention period, all of the data, including personal data, will be reviewed and securely deleted/destroyed.
Children under the age of 13
This site is not intended for the use by anyone under the age of 13; Soundclub does not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you may not attempt to send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address.
Access to your information:
Subject access request
You have the right under the Data Protection Act 2018 to access the information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to be forgotten
You have the right under the Data Protection Act 2018 to have all of the information that we hold about you deleted in line with our statutory and legal responsibilities. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to email@example.com.
Right to data portability
You have the right under the Data Protection Act 218 to request copy of all of the information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to data rectification
You have the right under the Data Protection Act 2018 to request the amendment or updating of all of the information that we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to email@example.com.
If you have a concern about your privacy or you would like to know more about how your personally identifiable information is collected, or used please contact us. We ask that when you contact us with a complaint, please include contact information and clearly describe your complaint. We will respond to your request or complaint within a reasonable time and will let you know next steps in resolving your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may also contact your local and federal data protection authorities to lodge a complaint.
Non-material changes and clarifications will take effect immediately, and material changes will take effect within 30 days of their posting on the Site (unless we specify a different notice period). If we make changes, we will post them and will indicate on this page the policy’s new effective date. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or through notice on our home page.
Should you not be satisfied with the process, conduct or response to a request you may have made you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (‘ICO’).
Information Commissioner’s Office
0303 123 1113